Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Getting started....







Ok, so I have never done a blog before. Please bare with my grammar errors by the way.
Well, to get things started Boady rode his first sheep on Saturday night! It was probably the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life, except the part where he fell off. He was so excited, his older cousin, Kasen was there and was riding too. Boady was a real cowboy, he got his protective vest on and his over sized baseball helmet (that probably did more harm than good, he has a bruise on his forehead). They let the sheep come through the chute...... and I about peed my pants! It was HUGE with big curly horns. Even the guys putting the kids on the muttons said "Whoa! This is a big one." And then they picked up my Boady and sat him on the sheep's back. Boady grabbed on like he had done this a million times. (Course I had tried to "be the sheep" a few times and let Boady ride on my back for practice.) They opened the gate and they took off! It started out great and then Boady started leaning to the right and the next thing you know, he's plowing the arena with his face guard. He just laid there and didn't move for a few seconds, seemed like forever to me. I ran out there picked him up, dusted him off. And let me tell you, he was NOT a happy camper. Grandad was the ONLY one he wanted. And he got him, and some bubble gum, hot tamales, and suckers (those are the things that he requested he get after he rode his sheep.) He wasn't upset for too long after he located his Grandad and snacks. He did say that he wasn't going to ride another sheep till he gets bigger. So we will try again next year and see if he's up for it. If not, we got some great pictures and some good movies that he will enjoy forever.
Briar isn't up to too much interesting stuff these days, just he usual motor mouth and investigating her first spring as a WALKER/RUNNER. Last year she was still just a little rolly polly, not too interested in much except eating and sleeping. She's all over the place now and LOVES dirt. She has even tried to eat some, don't think she will do that again.
Zach has just been working working working. The oilfield in this area is really slowing down. Please keep us in your prayers since we don't know how much longer he will actually have a job.
When he's not working he's on the lake catching bluecats. He caught a ton yesterday including two 30+ lbs. cats. So we will be having another fish fry this summer, be prepared!
I'm just getting back into riding again and taking care of my kiddos! And enjoying this BEAUTIFUL weather!

1 comment:

  1. YEA!!! I am the first one to comment on your blog! I'm so glad you started one. This is the most fun way to keep up with people. Sounds like y'all are having fun!

    ReplyDelete